[xymon] Re: [hobbit] Xymon client on ESX 3.5: goes purple after 30 minutes + disks not graphing

Johan Sjöberg johan.sjoberg at deltamanagement.se
Fri Jul 9 08:49:04 CEST 2010

Hi.

I am only monitoring CPU, Mem and disk for the service console using the standard linux OID:s. We have not had the time to create any VM monitoring stuff, but we have the Xymon clients on all VM:s, so it has not been a high priority.
I have also created a VMFS utilization template, that uses "exec" in snmpd.conf on the ESX host to run a script that uses vdf and parses the result. If you want, I can upload the script and template somewhere.

/Johan