[hobbit] User management for Xymon?!

Dominique Frise dominique.frise at unil.ch
Thu Jul 8 09:40:39 CEST 2010

We had kind of the same problem that we solved by generating a second
set of pages. The default set is complete and intended to the admin
group while the second -prefixed- is for the helpdesk team.
Each team then access Xymon with a different URL:

admin: http://example.com/xymon
helpdesk: http://example.com/hk-xymon

For this to work you need to run bbgen on different bb-hosts or -what we
did- organize bb-hosts to be able to run bbgen on a subset of the hosts.
On this subset you can then ignore (bbgen --bb2-ignorecolumns) all tests
that you do not want to make appear on bb2.html. (we do not show any
local checks).
For not interfering with the default set we also created the needed set
of prefixed config., cgis, gifs, and menus dirs/files. (helpdesk team
see only a subset of menus).

Dominique