[hobbit] Input needed from all of you.

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Wed Jul 7 07:43:09 CEST 2010

Hi All

I think the main thing that came out of this discussion is the following
1) Screen resolution is not going to be used as a guide line for the
front end. The front end must scale to fit the screen. No matter the
resolution.
2) Using your own themes i.e. logo,icons and positioning should be easy
to achieve.
3) The HTML must remain extremely lightweight(i.e keep fancy
animations/graphics etc to a minimum).

Taylors rework of the front end is a good example of how it could look.
If you guys want to see the power of skinning/modifying a web UI with
CSS head over to the css zen garden. The site is one web site where you
can use alternative CSS style sheets to achieve different look and feel
for the site. It is a awesome example of what I think we should be
looking at. Also by making the web site CSS and xhtml compliant adding
other fancy feature such as Ajax incremental updates etc would be easy.
However for the moment we should just try to get a ui that scales well
it light weight and easy to moidy to user preferences.

We could use Taylors layout as well. Like I said in a previous mail with
proper CSS in place we can even have a library of 'skins' and you don't
need to be a developer to make a skin with CSS you just need GIMP!

Regards
Neil