[hobbit] Depends Question

Geoff Hallford geoff.hallford at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:57:09 CEST 2010

I have always used "route" and it works perfectly if conn is all you care
about. I have never actually gotten "depends" to work. It doesn't make the
ping go through any host you put in route and it also chains properly to
make it easier. Example:

10.10.10.10  server1 # conn route:network1
20.20.20.20  network1 # conn route:network2
30.30.30.30  network2 # conn

If the route to server1 is: hobbit -> network2 -> network1 -> server1

The above statement works, that if network2 is down ... network1 and server1
go blank :)