[hobbit] CPU, Disk and memory message format to obtain valuable Graphs

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 18:41:01 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Gillis Bart <Bart.Gillis at cegeka.be> wrote:
> Hi tj,
>
> I've been using BBwin for several years now with great success.

In your BBWin deployment experience, Does BBWin really can do client
binary update like  the Unix client does ?

I am going to deploy BBwin at my work place, any advice is welcome.

I am also hoping to create my own BBWin012.msi so that I can include
the customization I need inside .msi file.

tj
> I would like to help the xymon community but I've 2 major problems with
> the participation to BBwin or Mr. Big.
>

> First of all I'm not a developer so I cannot write C programs.
> As a system engineer I can however write some scripting languages (Perl,
> vbscript,..) to provide some customized monitors.
>
> The latest year I had some issues with the mechanism of the BBwin or Mr.
> Big agents.
> We are monitoring some servers through a L2L VPN connection. In these
> link we are working with a dynamic NAT protocol so we do not know to
> which IP address the messages should be send.
> Our company does not allow connections being initiated from the outside
> network. (Which is the way BBwin works)

No experience in this area, others may be able to help.

> Another problem is the big bandwidth problem. On windows 2008 servers,
> the port check produces much info making the messages too big.

we should be able to configure BBWin to send in offending messages to
xymon server.

T.J. Yang