Working on Xymon Documentation

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 20:08:16 CEST 2010

According to R1, we now have 7 volunteers interested in Xymon
documentation area.

I am interested to find out who are willing to work on Item 2 of R2.

I started a few years back and never got to finish it.
Henrik gave me S.F. commit privilege for this purpose. so I still own
him the set of docs.

I worked on this and later found I am really bad at English Writing.
So I try to convert the troff files
into latex file and have the book center around existing set of troff files.
I got a RTFM xymon book for my me and my colleague to study Xymon with.

New I have a two data sources issue, latex and troff files. So every
time troff files changed
latex file need to be changed as well. This is quite labor intensive.

I looked around and found there is latex2troff file converter, the
make process can generate troff file.
If we can have all team members use latex then we can generate all
Xymon doc into different formats use latex.

For now I like to invite people interested about this xymon-latex
project to join me.
I will clean up and upload my existing work to S.F.
sandbox/tjyang/docs directory.

Lots of work here to generate Xymon docs set(using latex)

Please help.

Regards

tj

R1: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Developer_Guide#Xymon_volunteers_Roles_and_Responsiblity