[Hobbitmon-developer] Xymon Client for Windows (was Re: Xymon is practically dead)

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:15:04 CEST 2010

Forgot to click on reply all. this is a resend.l

> Don't forget the Xywin project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xywinnet/, which is using C sharp (IMO the best option for Windows).

Thanks, I forgot the about Xywin.

I browsed the site quickly and can't  get my question in my mind answered.
Does Xywin's features as complete as BBWin ?
ie, can Xywin do binary update from Centrol Xymon server ?
Does Xywin support server-mode(let Xymon do the parsing work) ?

> I have a VMware dev environment for BBWin setup but it's using Visual Studio 2005 Professional. I think Eric or someone on the project was in the process of converting it to VS 2008 Express but I've not managed to compile from that part of the repository. Using the dev environment I've managed to identify and fix a few bugs but I feel the entire project needs a revamp.

I think VS2008 Express drop "atlbase.h" header file support. It is
only available in paid version of VS.
Compiling BBWin using VS2008 Express is not possible unless code got
changed to not using atlbase.h.

So you have a VMWare dev box with VS2005 Pro that can generate BBWin012.msi ?
This is exactly what I am looking for. I will try to get a hold of this version.
Not sure if I can but a used copy of VS2005 Pro.

tj