[hobbit] Re: [Hobbitmon-developer] Xymon is practically dead

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 19:05:19 CEST 2010

I like.

I also like the suggestion to clearly define the roles of each of the
titles.

If a person doesn't know precisely what is expected of him, that sometimes
will doom him or her to failure.  Instead, if we clearly lay out what is
needed for a particular spot in that grid, it makes it much easier for
someone to look at the requirements and say "I can" or "I can't".

I also think that task delegation is important as well, but I'm nowhere near
smart enough to solve that one alone.  Maybe dialog about that?  Does the SF
bug tracking mechanism allow delegation from the admin level to specific
team members?

I can also offer end-user support.  As I would be digging into documentation
(probably more deeply than I've ever done before! LOL), I think that I'd be
a good candidate to provide the support buffer between developers and users
(and could  certainly use help in that area as well)

I guess it's time to dust off my LaTex chops.

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.