How to IGNORE=all AND Trigger only on selected in client-local.cfg log:logfile??

Brand, Thomas R. TRBrand at cvs.com
Tue Jan 12 21:37:40 CET 2010

I would like to minimize the amount of data getting sent up from some of
my log files by filtering out everything I'm not interested in - which
is basically everything except a few records.

I tried the following:

 log:/cvsrx/cvsDB/mysqld.err:2048

   trigger .*(InnoDB: Error|InnoDB: Starting crash recovery|InnoDB:
Database was not shut down normally).*

   ignore .*

and

log:/cvsrx/cvsDB/mysqld.err:0

   trigger .*(InnoDB: Error|InnoDB: Starting crash recovery|InnoDB:
Database was not shut down normally).*

Neither of the above was completely successful - I am still getting
'extra' data or not getting the lines matching the trigger .

Any suggestions?

Thomas Brand | CVS Caremark |Rx Systems Admin|Office: 401-770-4932 |1
CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895 Mail Stop 34040C  | TRBrand at cvs.com
<mailto:TRBrand at cvs.com>

Disclaimer: 1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3)
my advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or
your money cheerfully refunded.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and/or privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above.  If you are not the intended
communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited.  If you
immediately by telephone and destroy all copies of this communication
and any attachments.