Antwort: Re: [hobbit] Problems with MSG filter

thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com
Tue Jan 12 14:39:07 CET 2010

Thanks Buchan!

> > HOST=%s068c32*
> >         LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red   IGNORE=ntpd
>
> Shouldn't this be:
>
> HOST=%s068c32.*
>         LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red   IGNORE=ntpd
>
> (Note the ., this is a regex, not a glob)
Yes it should. I fear I newer learn regex. :-)

Now this seem to work. But I have some troubles with other filter
expressions and a general understanding question.

1. If I have more than one matching expression in hobbit-clients.cfg,
which one(s) will be used:

HOST=s068a300
        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red
IGNORE=%(smb_proc_readdir_long|peer)
HOST=s068a2.*
        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red   IGNORE=%(bla|laber)
DEFAULT
        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red   IGNORE="ignore always"

2. Do I have to use a regex if I have multiple words to detect, like on
the first statement? If I have many words to filter out the IGNORE
statement may become lengthy. Can I have multiple IGNOREs to get a better
readability?

3. What is the syntax if I have spaces in the expression. Is it like the
DEFAULT statement above?

Regards
Thorsten

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.