[hobbit] bb-hosts COMMENT Tag no longer working?

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 17:55:31 CET 2010

> Thanks for pointing out the tooltips --never option.  What I see is the
> text following COMMENT tags in the bb-hosts file displayed on the screen.  If
> a host has no COMMENT tag, but a DESCR tag, then the text in the DESCR tag
> is displayed on the screen.   This occurs no matter how the tooltips
> option is set, because on my second Xymon server, I see the DESCR tag in the
> text box, if a COMMENT tag is not present.  Interestingly enough, the fields
> on the info page are populated correctly from the DESCR tag, with or without
> a COMMENT tag.  I hope that makes it more clear.

Thanks, that's much clearer.

This appears to be deliberate - line 483 of lib/htmllog.c was recently changed to:

 cmt = bbh_item(host, BBH_COMMENT); if (!cmt) cmt = bbh_item(host, BBH_DESCRIPTION);

So if there's no COMMENT, it uses DESCR instead.

Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader

KDE Proofreading Team
KDE British English Translation Team

http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=en_GB

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FriendlyAtheist

Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02