TS - daily,weekly,monthly reporting

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Tue Feb 16 19:56:31 CET 2010

I am having some difficulty understanding the running of the daily,
weekly, monthly reports.

What do they show?

How do you run them other than from the 'reports' web page pull-down?

Where do you retrieve them - what URL or is it a spreadsheet for
uploading?

I found multiple files in the web directory - not sure what I have.

Is there an executive view?

I built my own report that runs every morning M-F both a long report
(with details) and a short report for the blackberry.

This is just a shell script I wrote using:

                BB=/home/xymon/server/bin/bb

BBDISP=127.0.0.1

COLORS="red,yellow,blue"

$BB $BBDISP "hobbitdboard color=$COLORS"  to a Temp file

I then add a first field for sorting the data (red-1, yellow=2, blue=3,
etc.)

I then check if the device has been ACKed or NOT and if it has been
DISabled or NOT.

For the long report I show the hobbit-alerts.cfg entries for contacting
the appropriate people, etc.

I also show how long the device has been down.

These report are used by the managers to make sure that a device that is
in a problem status is taken care of ASAP.

They can also run the report at any time from the web pages and send it
via Email.

For the Blackberry, I just show a compressed version like:

DEVICE WATCH LIST:

------------------

RD NA ND Printer007

BL     D CA-625-1

BL     D E_Substation_Meter

BL     D PC_Remote_Access

BL     D SMO-Main_Netgear

BL     D msls01.csw.l-3com.com

BL     D netsupport.csw.l-3com.com

BL     D violin

------------------

Legend:

  RD(red)=DOWN

  YL(yellow)=WARNING

  BL(blue)=DISABLED

  A/NA = ACKnowledged or NOT ACKed

  D/ND = Disabled     or NOT Disabled

      For an example of the longer version:

            R E P O R T    O F    D E V I C E S    R E Q U I R I N G
A C T I O N

            VER=1.2            Tue Feb 16 04:00:03 MST 2010
color-list.sh

red    NACK NDIS for Printer007               Since:  Mon Feb 15
11:09:14 MST 2010

       Contact(s):

        HOST=Printer007                   SERVICE=conn RECOVERED

            SCRIPT /home/xymon/SCRIPTS/PW/powerwatch.sh 911 REPEAT=365d

                            Alerts Line Numbers:  Start=2524  Stop=2525

blue   disabled  for CA-625-1                 Since:  Wed Feb 10
15:37:09 MST 2010

    Contact(s):         (If no entry - No alerting is being done!)

        No one to alert (No entry in hobbit-alerts.cfg)

etc.

What is the best way to see an actual daily,weekly,monthly report
output?

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D