How do I add a files check?

Thomas Willert (Hays) v-thwill at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 9 17:52:34 CET 2010

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble adding "files" checks to my hosts. I have done this sofar:

1)
Added the "files" keywords to the appropriate host lines in bb-hosts. (is this needed at all?)

2)
In the "hobbit-clients.cfg" I have added a section for host "name":

HOST=name
    FILE /tmp/static_xymon_file yellow MTIME<5

3)
I have added a line to my "linux" section in "client-local.cfg", so it now look like this (yes, client is running Linux):

[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore MARK
file:/tmp/static_xymon_file

If you manually change the url in my browser to "http://hobbit.server.tld/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=name&SERVICE=files" I am getting the expected "files" page, but my default Hobbit is not showing any "files" columns.

What am I missing?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

/Regards,
Thomas Willert