[hobbit] DURATION

Jacobs, Eric ejacobs at thomaspublishing.com
Wed Feb 3 20:58:00 CET 2010

From: Asif Iqbal [mailto:vadud3 at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:39 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] DURATION

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Jacobs, Eric
<ejacobs at thomaspublishing.com> wrote:

I'm trying to debug a problem with alerts. We have a catchall rule that
alerts "on-call" person about any connectivity, http and httpcontent
checks going red. The syntax is:
HOST=* SERVICE=conn,http,httpcontent COLOR=red DURATION>4 followed
underneath by the MAIL command. But I see that oftentimes, the alert
doesn't get sent even if test has been red for 15 minutes.

Don't know if this is connected, but if I try the "bbcmd hobbit_alert
--debug --test HOST SERVICE" test, it fails on the catchall rule

add the  --duration=SECONDS

Not sure I understand. I thought duration, by default, was minutes and
that's what I wanted

	Eric Jacobs
	Infrastructure and Operations
	Information Technology Group
	Phone:215-682-5354
	Email:ejacobs at thomaspublishing.com
<mailto:Email%3Aejacobs at thomaspublishing.com>

	hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu