moving from 4.2.0 to 4.3.0 general questions

McGraw, Robert P rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 1 17:17:43 CET 2010

I need to move my old hobbit 4.2.0 server to a different host and have decided to bit the bullet and upgrade to the 4.3.0 software. I have a couple general questions about the move.

1) Do the client also have to be moved to 4.3.0?

2) If I rsync my 4.2.0 directory to the new server an then compile and install 4.3.0 will it just install the programs over the old programs?

3) Is #2 above an ok way of doing the upgrade or should I start from scratch?

4) Is there a web page about moving from 4.2 to 4.3 and things to look out for.

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                    EMAIL: rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Purdue University                            ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                   PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067