[xymon] Is setting high importance on alert emails possible?

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Dec 22 15:25:21 CET 2010

Thanks for sharing and testing!

Daniel.Nordquist at orlandohealth.com<mailto:Daniel.Nordquist at orlandohealth.com>>
wrote:
> Thank you!
>
> I'm a noob at this so I'm not familiar with how to format a script. Can
you point me to a good page where I can see some examples?

ralphmitchell at gmail.com>]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:46 AM
> To: xymon at xymon.com<mailto:xymon at xymon.com>
> Subject: Re: [xymon] Is setting high importance on alert emails possible?
>
> There's an email header that needs to be inserted. Here's an example:
>
> http://techonthenet.com/unix/high_priority.php
>
> You'll need to change your alert config to use SCRIPT instead of MAIL,
then write a script to pick up the relevant info from the environment
variables listed in the xymon-alerts help page. You don't need to write
everything to a file, just use a big echo statement and pipe it through
sendmail. The blank line between the headers and the message body is
important...