[xymon]Partition Disk w2K8 disable

Shea, Graeme A Shea.Graeme.A at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 7 07:35:36 CET 2010

Windows includes a disk management utility called "diskpart". If you run
diskpart from an administrative command prompt you can use the command
"list disk" to list the disks in the system. Use the command "select
disk" to select the disk that has the problematic partition by id number
(e.g. 0 or 1). You can then use the command "list partition" to get the
id number of the troublesome partition and delete it.

Make sure you have a backup and test diskpart on a test system first to
get the "feel" of it. Disk part does not ask for confirmation it will
just delete or clean without further prompting or warnings.

Hope this helps

Regards

Graeme