[xymon] Truncated email alerts

Mark Stoltzfus mark.stoltzfus at pmigroup.com
Tue Aug 24 23:27:28 CEST 2010

We use a mix of alert scripts with a mix of instructions for different
recipients, some written in PHP, some in bourne shell, that all show the
same behavior.  The hobbit-alerts.cfg is rather large (400+ lines), but
a typical line looks like this:

PAGE=production

SCRIPT /opt/xymon/scripts/notify_unix.sh mark.stoltzfus at pmigroup.com
DURATION>2m EXSERVICE=$NOC_IGNORE REPEAT=9999

Where NOC_IGNORE is set to services our NOC folks don't care about.
Maybe a better question would be, does anyone get email alerts that are
larger than 6kb?

Regards,

Mark