[xymon] Truncated email alerts

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Tue Aug 24 01:52:17 CEST 2010

What does your alert config look like?

On Aug 23, 2010 7:47 PM, "Mark Stoltzfus" <mark.stoltzfus at pmigroup.com>
wrote:

      All, has anyone seen an issue where email messages that Xymon
generates (NOTE: not the client status on the webpage, which is complete) are
getting truncated beyond a certain length?  We had already bumped up
MAXMSG_STATUS
and MAXMSG_CLIENT for a different issue (where the status messages going to
the server were getting truncated), but this is different.  For example, an
alarm gets generated, and on the xymon webpage, you can see the entire
status.  The email we receive, however, is truncated.  We’re running Xymon
4.2.3 on RHEL5.  We’re trying to track down what layer this at, and it’s
proving a challenge.  We’re seeing this across different alarms, but they
all seem to get truncated around 6kb.

Regards,

Mark