[xymon] Disable alerts if $SOME_SERVICE is down

Eric Meddaugh etmsys at rit.edu
Thu Aug 19 12:43:59 CEST 2010

What we do is have all the alert scripts check at the top for a file, like this:

if [ -f "/home/hobbit/NOALERT" ] ; then
   exit 0
fi

You'd just need a separate job that would say ping the default router on the hobbit server, which it's unavailable, touch the file, when it's back wait x minutes, then remove the file.

Also, the "route" tag may do something like this, but you may have to place it on each host...or the "depends" tag.

---Eric