hobbitd_channel uses 99% cpu

Wendell Turner wendell at enflight.com
Wed Sep 30 01:53:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm running xymon-4.3.0-beta1 on a CentOS 5.3 system.  For
quite a while xymon has been running smoothly.  However,
lately hobbitd_channel has been using 99% of the cpu.
Sometimes there are two hobbitd_channels running, each using
49% of the cpu.  Is there an ipc channel or shared memory
that is somehow stuck or corrupted?

ipcs shows nothing when xymon is stopped, and shows 9 memory
segments an 9 semaphore arrays when xymon is running.

What is going on?  Did I mis-configure something?  Is there
a way to watch it or debug the problem?

Thanks,

Wendell