[hobbit] SV: ack an alert with email or phone

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 21:52:54 CEST 2009

all my alerts send from xymon at example.net

( hobbitserver.cfg: MAIL="mailx -r xymon at example.net -s" )

any reply to it goes back to xymon @mx.example.net

mx.example.net then sends it to xymon.example.net, using .qmail.

xymon.example.net's sendmail allows inbound email only from mx.example.net
using tcpserver on xymon.example.net

xymon on xymon.example.net then works w/ hobbit-mailack to ack the alert

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu