[hobbit] Devmon / MRTG

Thomas Leavitt thomleavitt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 03:09:14 CEST 2009

a) I've implemented devmon, my very small and resource strapped client is
very happy... I'm still in the process of working the bugs out. devmon
appears to go purple (and all reports dependent on it) periodically, and
then not come back... did that last time I was here, wasn't sure what caused
it. Just did it a few minutes ago. Wasn't sure what caused it, and was too
distracted and tired to carefully trace out what I did to fix it again
(stopped, started devmon, xymon, and manually ran devmon) after it was
working for most of three hours.
I really need an Ubuntu specific init.d script. Ubuntu's use of upstart in
hardy means that the "status" command, for instance, is dependent on stuff
in /etc/event.d to work, and I really don't want to have to manually
re-create all that... surely someone else is running devmon on a Debian
derivative, and has a functional initialization script?

b) I've begun to implement weathermap. I'm trying to figure out a rational
process for creating a map of our small network... the weathermap.conf
example appears to have been generated using php-weathermap... do I really
need to implement that, so I get the editor for it?

Thomas