[hobbit] hobbitd_client crashes on server

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Sep 2 11:04:37 CEST 2009

On Tuesday, 1 September 2009 17:52:21 Marijn Hofstra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have checked the list and google for this problem, but after a few hours
> of poking around I am left in the dark.
>
> I am using hobbit 4.2.0 on an up-to-date Debian stable system. Quite a
> while ago, the hobbitd_client started showing up red on the hobbit server
> page, showing a "Program crashed, fatal signal caught" error. As per some
> instructions I found I am hereby attaching a gdb trace of the problem
> (hoping I did it the right way).

The backtrace would not very useful, as you don't have the debug symbols
available. Please install the debug packages for the libraries listed by gdb,
most likely something like pcre-debug and libc-debug. Then run gdb again, this
time it should not say "no debugging symbols found", at the gdb prompt, type
'bt full' and then send the output.