[hobbit] Alerting and Grouping Questions

Stewart, Tom L. Tom.Stewart at landsend.com
Thu Nov 19 16:14:02 CET 2009

We use a "directory alerts" and a "directory clients" within hobbit-clients.cfg to separate out the alerts and clients(to email or page).

Here is sample file within the clients directory (that is a sub-dir of hobbit/server/etc/ )

HOST=hostname
        DISK /tmp 90 95 GROUP=unix_team

Here is sample of a file within the alerts directory (same path as clients above)

GROUP=unix_team
        MAIL mailoncall REPEAT=60 RECOVERED
        SCRIPT /home/xymon/server/ext/smsplus.sh pageoncall COLOR=red REPEAT=15 RECOVERED
GROUP=unix_team_low
        MAIL mailoncall REPEAT=120 RECOVERED
        SCRIPT /home/xymon/server/ext/smsplus.sh pageoncall COLOR=red REPEAT=15 RECOVERED TIME=W:0800:1700

The file name can be anything so be sure to not leave anything within the subdirs that you don't want to be parsed.

This allows us to separate out everything by groups and only leave generic or all encompassing information with hobbit-clients.cfg

Tom