[hobbit] Telephone ack using asterisk server

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Nov 10 11:41:03 CET 2009

----- "d tom schmitt" <d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com> wrote:

> I would like to front end the ack of an outage by having the person
> call into an Asterisk PBX-in-a-Flash(PiaF) system.
>
> The user would then be prompted for the associate information.
>
> The script would then ssh (no-password/using cert) to the Xymon system
> and issue a command line to ack the outage.
>

> Is there a place you can point me to the ack info using the command
> line.

Line 110 of web/hobbit-ackinfo.c has the following:

                /* ackinfo HOST.TEST\nlevel\nvaliduntil\nackedby\nmsg */
                bbmsg = (char *)malloc(1024 + strlen(hostname) + strlen(testname) + strlen(ackedby) + strlen(ackmsg));
                sprintf(bbmsg, "ackinfo %s.%s\n%d\n%d\n%s\n%s\n",
                        hostname, testname, level, validity, ackedby, ackmsg);
                res = sendmessage(bbmsg, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, BBTALK_TIMEOUT);

So, it would appear you should be able to use 'bb' to send an appropriate message, as shown in the comment.

(this could be added to the 'bb' man page if it would be of interest).

Regards,
Buchan