[hobbit] Garbled http test.

Matthew Moldvan mmoldvan at csc.com
Tue Nov 3 23:16:07 CET 2009

What is the destination web site intended to look like?  Is it all just
plain HTML, is it replying with some fancy HTTP Headers, or maybe
launching a Java app?  My suggestion would be to install FireBug under
Firefox (http://getfirebug.com) if you don't have it already, and analyze
the HTTP Request/Reply and headers that come back from that URL.

Also, is there anything in your Xymon logs or syslog/messages on the Xymon
server?  Might be some clue there as to what's going on ...

Good luck,
Matt.

Unix System Administrator
Computer Science Corporation
General Dynamics Land Systems
38500 Mound Rd.
Sterling Heights, MI.  48310

delivery.
purpose.

Larry Barber <lebarber at gmail.com>
11/03/2009 09:24 AM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] Garbled http test.

No its just a plain http test, no SSL is involved. Although where the
below is showing question marks I'm seeing various random characters.

Thanks,
Larry Barber

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 at mac.com> wrote:
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009, Larry Barber might have said:

> For the http test on just one of my hosts, on a red condition, I'm
getting a
> garbled display:
>
> Mon Nov 2 18:57:24 2009: ???????????$  ??????4 ???????????$ ???   ???
>
> [image: red] http://xrdmr1s1.ess.usda.gov:9060/ibm/console -
> ???????????$  ??????4 ???????????$ ???   ???
>

> ???????????$  ??????4 ???????????$ ???   ???
> Seconds:     0.18
>

> Note that it is the Hobbit generated error message that is confused.
> Has anybody else seen something like this?
> Any idea what is causing it?
>
> Thanks,
> Larry Barber

Is that SSL?

Mike

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the
intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged
information. No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in
reliance on it or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient,
please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any
attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.