[hobbit] New Big Brother interface

Marijn Hofstra m.hofstra at detamboer.nl
Tue Nov 3 17:11:29 CET 2009

> ________________________________
> > From: josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
> > Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:58:27 -0500
> > To: hobbit at hswn.dk
> > Subject: [hobbit] New Big Brother interface
> >
> > Has anyone seen this? This is just crazy...
> >
> > http://www.bb4.com/bb4-screenshot-tour/index.html
> >
> > Please don't ever let Xymon go down this road.
>
> How about this one ? at
> http://xymon.dlinkddns.com/hobbit/ext3/examples/desktop/
> It provide interface for old Tigra menu system  and new UI by
> EXTJS RIA framework.

That last one doesn't seem to add anything useful with the modified GUI...
kind of silly. The bb4.com one however isn't all that bad, take page 8 for
example, that gives me lots of info that may be very useful (page
faults/second, cache hits/second), I can't find that stuff on my hobbit
server atm (and certainly not in such a orderly fashion on only one page).

It's the core functionality I really care about. As long as the GUI isn't
stopping me from doing usefull stuff (for example, not allowing me to edit
config files manually anymore or adding custom scripts), I don't see the
problem.

That said, I am however happy to stick with xymon. If bb4 has a nice
feature, just nick the idea and do it the xymon way!:)

-Marijn