xymon 4.2.3 & bb-hosts issue

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Sat May 30 23:14:13 CEST 2009

Hello!

I have one issue, it could be that is rather very simple, but I am not sure
where to look, so I would appreciate a hint, where to start to look for.
Someone may eventually experienced this, which is very likely :)

I have Xymon 4.2.3 on Fedore 10. Fedora 10 is a guest OS in VMWare virtual
machine. It worked all fine. Now I moved the VMWare Fedore 10 guest image to
a different computer, in a different subnet. Now all I get read from the
bb-hosts file are the page labels defined over there. I get no devices, nor
I get the default SKXYMON device on the homepage. I changed the address of
the guest os, on a network level (ping, trace and etc) - everything is
working, I changed the IP of SKXYMON entry in bb-hosts, still it looks to me
that the hobbit process is not fetching the data that are sent to this
process. Or it fetches, but bb-hosts file for some reason is not read
properly?

Do I have to configure xymon again, then recompile it?
(I saved bb-hosts file in my ~ folder).

Thanks

/JD