Determining yellow and red level warnings for cpu/load

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Sun May 17 17:32:16 CEST 2009

I understand how and I even explained that I have changed the values.

The default for yellow and red is 5 and 10.  The server that
introduced the question was increased to 10 and 25.

My question is what do the other users on this mailing list change
them to and based on what information?

On 5/17/09, Kim Johansen <hobbit at weiser.dk> wrote:
> On Sunday 17 May 2009 03:22:43 Josh Luthman wrote:
>> I have a server that does does a lot of work all the time - a vmware
>> server.  Each virtual machine does its own things, but the host OS has
>> load
>> that gets to 20 at times.  Everything is just as responsive during these
>> times, so the default load warnings aren't valid for me.
>>
>> I changed my alerts based on a test with stress (
>> http://freshmeat.net/projects/stress).
>>
>> Does everyone else just accept the defaults for yellow and red?  If not,
>> how do you increase it?
>
> In the help -> Configuring Monitoring is there a good description on how to
> change default.
> It is the hobbit-clients.cfg you need to change in, the file it self also
> have
> a good description
>
> --
> Kim Johansen

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle