[hobbit] apt plugin from debians hobbit-plugins package

Christoph Berg cb at df7cb.de
Mon May 4 12:49:26 CEST 2009

Re: dOCtoR MADneSs 2009-04-30 <49F9C9E9.1060406 at makelofine.org>
> On my side I just changed my crontab :
>
> apt-get update && touch /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
>
> so if the update is succesfull, the mtime of /var/lib/apt/lists/lock is
> changed, and the apt plugin reports green.

Ah, looks like using a lock file doesn't update the mtime. I didn't
notice until now as I'm using the "all-included" hack suggested in
apt.pl:

44 */4	* * *	root  ! apt-get -qq update 2>&1 | grep -q . && date -u > /var/lib/apt/update_success

Unfortunately apt-get update even returns 0 in case of some errors
(iirc unknown apt-keys etc.), so this command checks for an empty
output of apt-get -qq update instead.

(http://bugs.debian.org/526894)

Christoph
--