PROC question

Williams, Doug (Consultant-RIC) Doug.Williams at rhd.com
Fri Mar 20 19:17:07 CET 2009

Or more like a problem. :)

Hi,

I have one server that has over 1700 processes, which includes a LOT of
java processes, causing a lot of characters per line.   So the entire PS
output is not sent to the server; is truncated around 1400 lines.

The problem is that any PROC I define to be monitored, that happens not
to be within that 1400 lines stays in alarm condition.

I played with setting MAXLINE and MAXMSG_STATUS to very high numbers,
but to no success

I also noted that in BB man pages it, says:

/*
The maximum size of a message is defined by the maximum allowed length
of your shell's command line, and is typically 8-32 KB.

If you need to send longer status messages, you can specify "@" as the
message: bb will then read the status message from its stdin.

*/

Is there any way to get default tests such as PROC to be able to use the
"@" capability, or will I just need to create a script monitoring procs
on that server and EXHOST for default PROC test for that server?

Thanks

Doug