[hobbit] Temperature Graphs

Gavin Leonard gleonard at progrexion.com
Wed Mar 18 22:35:21 CET 2009

Awesome... thanks!

-Gavin

-----Original Message-----
From: Buchan Milne [mailto:bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:14 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Temperature Graphs

----- "Gavin Leonard" <gleonard at progrexion.com> wrote:

> They are a mixture of windows 03/08 and centos 5.x.. all servers are
> less than 3 years old.

devmon has a compaq-server (and, compaq-servernohspare, for servers which don't have hot spare drives in the RAID config) template, which supports the HP Insight agents. The agents are available for Windows and Linux. I am monitoring a number of DL-360G4s, DL-380G4s, DL-580-G4s, DL-585s, running Windows and Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3/4/5).

In the Linux case, setup of the HP Insight agent is simply a matter of:
-installing the hpasm package
-running 'hpasm setup' (I think)

The devmon template supports:
1)RAID controller monitoring ('raid' test)
2)Fans ('fans' test)
3)Power supplies ('power' test)
4)The IML log ('log' test)
5)Temperatures ('temp' test).

The devmon rrd collector for Hobbit (now included in Xymon), supports collecting RRDs from the temp test, just include 'temp=devmon' in your TEST2RRD line in hobbitserver.cfg, and ensure that the devmon graph definitions (in extras/devmon-graph.cfg) are included in your Hobbit graph configuration, and you should get temperature graphs.

The dell-poweredge template (for Dell servers running OMSA) supports almost all the same features as well (except for IML).

BTW, I am also monitoring some Linux boxes that have lmsensor's supported devices with devmon ... but I might not have committed the test for the net-snmp lmsensors MIB yet

Regards,
Buchan

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk