[hobbit] Re: Hobbit server/client, Nagios server ?! (fwd)

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Mar 18 14:31:25 CET 2009

Thanks a lot for your comments and hints !

I will check it out and we will see
if there come some output which we can use ...

thanks again & cheers

 	martin

p.s.: ... and Ralph, if you find sometimes or stumble about your
done work in your old backup, please let me know :-)

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 5:50 AM, carl Inglis <carl at yoshiwara.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> One point which I think has been missed - Nagios can accept "Passive
>> Checks", so in theory XyMon could report to Nagios:
>>
>> On my nagios server the relevant documentation is found under:
>> http://[server]/nagios/docs/passivechecks.html
>>
>> Hope that helps!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Carl
>

> I think I actually had this working at one time.  I used the NSCA addon to
> feed Xymon info to Nagios in the form of passive checks.  I'm fairly sure I
> used, or at least looked at using, the hobbitd_sample program to catch
> status messages passing through Xymon.  See the man page here:
>
>   http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/docs/man8/hobbitd_sample.8.html
>
> The source for that is in the Xymon source tree, so it gets compiled and
> installed along with everything else.  You could either alter the source to
> make the send_nsca() call directly, or at least execute an external script
> with appropriate arguments,
>
> You'll also need to have the NSCA receiver running on the Nagios server, but
> that might be there already.
>
> I no longer have access to my old Hobbit server, but I might have a backup
> copy somewhere...
>
> Ralph Mitchell

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de