[hobbit] SMS alert on reboot

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Wed Mar 18 10:13:08 CET 2009

On mið, 2009-03-18 at 09:27 +1100, Jarrod Hodder wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>

> I am trying to find a way I can get a SMS notification to be sent out
> when a computer has been rebooted.
>
> My SMS gateway is working fine. The indepth report on the CPU says
> that the machine has been rebooted, but the status of the CPU never
> goes off green.
>
> How do I set it up to tell me when it has been rebooted when the
> status doesn’t change?

It is done in client configuration.
In hobbit-client.cfg :
# The file defines a series of rules:
#    UP     : Changes the "cpu" status when the system has rebooted
recently,

For every client I use:
HOST=xxxxxxx.is
	UP      10

This rule triggers a yellow warning, for the cpu.
So in hobbit-alerts.cfg you would have to use something like:
HOST=xxxxxxx.is COLOR=yellow
	SCRIPT /usr/local/bin/hobbit-sms.sh 123456789

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?