[hobbit] Limited amount of log data

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Thu Mar 5 23:36:22 CET 2009

The design of the log watching system is to scan a subset of a log for
"bad" things and update the status dot.  If it did not have a rolling
"time window" then the status dot would never change after something
ugly got put in the log file.  And then the process of reading the log
file (and pumping it to the server) would get slower and slower as the
log file grows.  This feature is not designed for log management, but
for helping you watch for things that might appear in the logs on each
host that might require your attention.

You might want to read the documentation -- you have to configure the
rules that define what "bad" means.

GLH