[hobbit] disable untill ok bug ?

Henrik =?unknown-8bit?Q?St=C3=B8rner?= henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 4 13:45:45 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:27:53AM +0100, Stef Coene wrote:
> Yesterday I disabled a ping test 'untill ok'.
> This night, the ping test failed on the hobbit server (4.2) with status clear:
> Wed Mar 4 00:05:42 2009 ping ok : System failure of the ping test
>
> Service ping on srvs3tsm is OK
> Hobbit system error
>
> System unreachable for 1508 poll periods (455337 seconds)
>
> This also cleared the disable setting so 5 minutes later, the status was error
> and 10 minutes later an alert was triggered.
>
> Is it normal that a 'system failure' of the ping test clears the 'disabled
> untill ok' setting?

A "system error" of the ping test is definitely NOT normal.
Check the network test error log to see why it failed,
it shouldn't do that. (Most likely it couldn't create the
file where fping or hobbitping stores the results).

Whether a "clear" status should count as OK in the
"disabled until OK" sense can be discussed.