Content-Type header for HTTP POST (was: Xymon 4.3.0: Beta version available on Sourceforge)

Frank Gruellich frank.gruellich at navteq.com
Tue Mar 3 17:18:53 CET 2009

Hi,

Henrik Størner wrote:
> * Make the content-type setting in HTTP POST tests configurable.

I tried to make that feature working today, but I can't figure out how
to use it.  That's what I tried to configure after reading

               If  your  form-data  requires  a different content-type, you can
               specify it by beginning the form-data with  (content-type=TYPE),
               e.g.  "(content-type=text/xml)"  followed by the POST data.

in bb-hosts:

10.35.12.31	jupiter	# post;http://10.35.12.31/some/application;(content-type=text/xml)<soapenv><lots_of_stuff></lots_of_stuff><soapenv>

I also tried without parentheses to no avail.  tcpdumping around shows
that (content-type=text/xml) is quoted directly into the POST and the
default application/x-www-form-urlencoded is still there.  What am I
doing wrong?

Kind regards,
--
Navteq (DE) GmbH
Frank Gruellich

Duesseldorfer Strasse 40a
65760 Eschborn
Germany

Phone:      +49 6196 77756-414
Fax:        +49 6196 77756-100

USt-ID-No.: DE 197947163
Managing Directors: Thomas Golob, Alexander Wiegand,
Hans Pieter Gieszen, Martin Robert Stockman