[hobbit] SSH Tunnels and Xymon

Brian Catlin bcatlin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 02:35:49 CEST 2009

Have you looked at the wiki for hobbit/xymon???

http://en.wikibooks
org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Administration_Guide

Look at section 10.1

If you are using openssh to tunnel:

ssh -L <PORT>:<targetserver>:<target port>:<[user@]Server in the middle>

So going to a server in the tz is easily done, BUT, do check with your
security management and the server SA, especially if you are doing a bunch
of connections...

Technology is easy,  Politics not so...

Brian

lurch at inorbit.com