[hobbit] URLplus

Darryl Wisneski dkw at trilegiant.com
Tue Jun 23 20:39:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:19:44AM -0400, Gary Baluha wrote:

>    I haven't checked The Shire in a while, but I think it still has an
>    older version.  I personally haven't been working on URLPlus for a few
>    months (actually, I left the company I was using the script at), but a
>    former coworker of mine has taken the task of updating the code.  I
>    will check with him to see where he's at. Also, I do plan on getting
>    back to developing it, hopefully in the near future (sometime later
>    this year).

Massimo:

What exactly are you looking for out of urlplus?

I am working on changing urlplus to use libcurl instead of the using
the curl command line tool.  Some website monitoring I needed
involved using shared session data (in a nefarious cross-site
scripting way, but that is what our app was doing) and hitting
multiple links on a website with the same initial login authentication
session data.  You can only do the shared cookies/session stuff
with libcurl.

I am using a bare bones perl/libcurl script to do the aforementioned
monitoring now and have not yet plugged it into Gary's urlplus.
Furthermore, given the complexity of what I am trying to do with
shared session login the urlplus configuration file layout has to
be looked at again.

We'll keep the list posted on any progress.

Gary has a 1.22 version laying around but I am not sure what's
changed and it's a year old already.

Regards,
-dkw