external module/plugin/script for ticket raising or inventory for xymon

Craig Cook Craig.Cook at carquest.com
Thu Jun 18 16:37:47 CEST 2009

>i want to know whether there is any availability for
>external module/plugin/script for ticket raising or inventory for
>xymon-4.2.2.i found one o deadcat.net i.e. "trouble_ticket_0.2.tgz";but is
>not that much useful..we want to keep record for all tickets raised for that
>client also some inventory like module for the same

I have used the trouble ticket module you found on deadcat with great success with Big Brother logging and updating tickets in a Remedy help desk.

Xymon is not an inventory system.

I suggest you modify trouble_ticket to work with Xymon.  Make it log tickets in your current help desk system.

You would get a list of tickets raised from your help desk system.  Either integrate your help desk system with an inventory system or you can make each Xymon hostname clickable, it can call a script to get info from your inventory system.

If you don't have a help desk system Request Tracker is a popular one.

Craig