[hobbit] webpage: adding links to the index

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Wed Jun 17 04:38:16 CEST 2009

DKDeckert at Hormel.com wrote:
> Hello everyone.  I've ran into some trouble and am wondering how to add a
> link to the main page of xymon.  I was able to do it and it would appear
> but it would always reset.  Is xymon constantly regenerating every time?
> How can i add a permanent link on the main page?
> I've tried to edit the index.html in the /www/ directory but it would
> reset.  I've also added another html document in
> the /www/notes/responsibilities.html for the link so when there is a
> problem the person monitoring can know who to call.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

You either have to add the links via the *_header or *_footer templates
(under your BBHOME/web directory), or add it to the menu dropdowns.  You
can do the latter by editing the BBHOME/www/menu/menu_items.js file.  It
is true the index pages are regenerated constantly by bbgen, and you'll
lose any direct edits to them.
-Alan