Centralized monitoring and custom checks

Michael Arney marney at teramedica.com
Fri Jun 12 15:59:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

We're evaluating Xymon to monitor our Java application at client sites.  We will be writing custom checks, but we'd like to set thresholds for colors (and alerts) at the server.  It seems like HOBBIT-CLIENTS.CFG would be the place to do this, but I don't see how I would list my custom service check there.

I should add: more than half our clients' servers are Windows (rest are Solaris or AIX), so I've been playing with bbwin.  It seems to have an option "bbwinupdate" where it pulls config files from the Xymon server.  I think that would work for us, but it doesn't help us for the Unix boxes.

Thanks,

Mike Arney
Database Engineer

marney at teramedica.com<mailto:kbrahm at teramedica.com>