multi-graphs again

Nelis, W.J.M. nelis at nlr.nl
Thu Jun 11 19:14:19 CEST 2009

Earlier today I wrote:

B) The name in an NCV is often a meaningful description of what is being measured. The name becomes part of the filename when using SPLITNCV. The meaningful part of the file name can be extracted by using parentheses in FNPATTERN, for instance "^license,(.+)\.rrd$". That part of the name is available as @RRDPARAM at . However it cannot be substituted in the title of the graph. If in hobbitgraph.cfg one specifies "TITLE license_feature @RRDPARAM@", that is exactly what you get. Using the possibility to have the title generated by a script does not help: it seems to be invoked once for the set of graphs, in stead of once for each graph. Is it a reasonably small change to make a new title for each graph, either by substitution or via a script?

I've found that I made a mistake: using a script does give a nice title per graph, thus it is invoked once per graph, and not once per set of graphs. Sorry for bothering you with a non-existing problem.

Kind regards,