[hobbit] How do I change the "mail from" for email alerts?

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Jun 5 19:07:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, June 5, 2009 08:58, Harold J. Ballinger wrote:
> Hostname command returns "hhcgvl-moni03" as I would expect.
>
> I am running Debian 2.4.27 - this is a machine that started out from the
> hobbit virtual appliance that was widely available for download.

Ah.  Then there's no telling what may be pre-customized from defaults.  A
default Exim install should be returning hobbit at hhcgvl-moni03, which might
not be accepted by your Exchange server, either, but wouldn't be as
mysterious.  I'd guess that either primary_hostname is set to a null
string ("") or there's a rewrite rule that doesn't know its domain.
You're probably getting better help than that over on the Exim lists.