[hobbit] How do I change the "mail from" for email alerts?

Harold J. Ballinger hballinger at heritage-healthcare.com
Thu Jun 4 21:33:18 CEST 2009

My mail command does not support the –r option. I cannot see a way to force the from address, so I guess it is running it as the hobbit user. I have configured the hobbit user in /etc/email-addresses as “hobbit: monitor at mydomain.com<mailto:monitor at mydomain.com>” but Exim4 doesn’t seem to be using this. It definitely looks like it is something I will have to take up with the Exim4 group since now I can see the command that hobbit is using and that it isn’t the one forcing “hobbit@” as the wrong address.

Results from “mail -r”:

hhcgvl-moni03:~# mail -r
mail: invalid option -- r
usage: mail [-eIinv] [-a header] [-b bcc-addr] [-c cc-addr] [-s subject]
            to-addr [...] [-- sendmail-options [...]]
       mail [-eIiNnv] -f [name]
       mail [-eIiNnv] [-u user]
hhcgvl-moni03:~#

Thanks for the help guys, I’ll take this over to the Exim4 mailing list now :-)