[hobbit] Trying to get zonestat working -- WORKING

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Fri Jul 24 00:32:39 CEST 2009

I got it working, it was the hobbitlaunch.cfg

When I added the variable I did this:

        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg

        NEEDS hobbitd

        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=data --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/rrd-data.log
hobbitd_rrd

                              --extra-tests=zonestat

--extra-script=/home/hobbit/server/ext/rrd_data.pl

                               --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd

Hobbit doesn't seem to like the extra-tests and extra-script on multiple
lines. When I placed everything
on a single line, I started getting rrd data from zonestat.

        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg

        NEEDS hobbitd

        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=data --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/rrd-data.log
hobbitd_rrd --extra-tests=zonestat
--extra-script=/home/hobbit/server/ext/rrd_data.pl --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd

I also didn't see the graphs in the Trends table until I added the following
to bb-hosts. This was
in another posting.

TRENDS:*,zonestat:zonestatcpu|zonestatmem|zonestatnproc|zonestatsize|zonerss
size

The instructions for zonestat say to just add:
zonestat:zonestatcpu|zonestatmem|zonestatnproc|zonestatsize|zonersssize

to the bbhosts file.

Has anyone added the zones as separate tests on the main menu (status vs
data)?

Thanks..James

  _____