[hobbit] Providing a description of listed systems?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 01:03:05 CEST 2009

>I wrote a very small perl script and popped it into my cgi-bin directory.  The script simply takes the %s argument which can >be passed via --docurl, and redirects to the correct site using HTML anchors '#'.

Would you mind sharing this small perl script with me ?

T.J. Yang

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:23:05 -0400
From: jbl at jbldata.com
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Providing a description of listed systems?

Thanks for the help!

I ended up using BBGEN's --docurl option, it seems cleaner, and it's built-in.

--docurl only accepts URLs which are static HTML, or CGI scripts.  It does not, for example, accept a link which includes a hash '#' character.  I even tried to escape it with a backslash, but it didn't work.  So I had to get creative.

I wrote a very small perl script and popped it into my cgi-bin directory.  The script simply takes the %s argument which can be passed via --docurl, and redirects to the correct site using HTML anchors '#'.

E.g.:
--docurl=xymon-cgi/docurl.cgi?%s

%s would be something like "host.domain.com'"

docurl.cgi redirects to:
http://somesite.domain.com/pages/page.html#host.domain.com

Which jumps to the correct section in the document with the host details.

Thanks again again all!
Bobby