[hobbit] Disable alert from client or Server

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Jul 17 16:32:07 CEST 2009

Hi !

> i could asked him, if could share it with the community ..

My colleague has no objections ... so if somebody wants to have this
disable-alert-script ... no problem ..

a little example to disable an test :

flemming at titan:~ $ hobbit_cmd -v -d 1d -s cpu -c "known" bird033
PREPARING...

"disable bird033.cpu 1d known, Fri Jul 17 16:14:51 2009"
Sent 1 commands for 1 host.
flemming at titan:~ $

cheers,
 	martin

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009, Martin Flemming wrote:

> Hi !
>
> you can do this with bb
>

>>         disable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME DURATION <additional text>
>>                Disables  a  specific  test  for  DURATION minutes. This
>>  will cause the status of this test to be listed as
>>                "blue" on the BBDISPLAY server, and no alerts for this
>>  host/test will be generated. If DURATION is given as
>>                a  number  followed by s/m/h/d, it is interpreted as being
>>  in seconds/minutes/hours/days respectively.   To
>>                disable all tests for a host, use an asterisk "*" for
>>  TESTNAME.
>>
>>         enable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME
>>                Re-enables a test that had been disabled.
>>

>>  So you can execute bb hobbitserver "disable dbservername.* 2h Backup
>>  time" before shutting down the database and bb hobbitserver "enable
>>  dbserver.*" just at the end.
>

> I've got an perl-script from my colleague for this,
>

> USAGES:
>
> hobbit_cmd -d {duration[s|m|h|d] | UNTILOK} [-s service1,service2,...] [-c
> "Comment"] [-n] [-v] {HOST1 HOST2 ... | ALL}
>             ^ sets downtime
>
> hobbit_cmd -E [-s service1,service2,...] [-n] [-v] {HOST1 HOST2 ... | ALL}
>             ^ cancels downtimes
>
> hobbit_cmd -R [-s service1,service2,...] [-n] [-v] {HOST1 HOST2 ... | ALL}
>             ^ erases host or service data
>
> hobbit_cmd -L [HOST1 HOST2 ...]
>             ^ prints downtime information
>
> -c   add comments
> -n   dry run
> -v   increases verbosity in case of [-d], [-E] or [-R] present
> -E   cancel downtime on targets (or certain service, if specified)
>     mnemonic: Enable
> -R   erase host or service data on server
>     mnemonic: Remove
> -l   reserved
> -L   print verbose downtime information of all hosts or targets, if
> specified.
>
> EXAMPLES:
> hobbit_cmd -d 24h -s service1,service2 -c "rebooting" HOST1 HOST2
> hobbit_cmd -E -s service2 HOST1 HOST2
> hobbit_cmd -R -s service2 HOST1 HOST2
> hobbit_cmd -L
>

> i could asked him, if could share it with the community ..
>

> cheers,
> 	 martin
>

> On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Shaun Phillips wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I have a need when we roll out new version of an application to disable
>>  cron
>>  on hosts whilst the app and database work goes ahead.
>>
>>  Is there a way from the command line on the client end or server end to
>>  disable alerts for cron and then enable them again?
>>
>>  Regards
>>  Shaun

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de