msgcache 4.2.0 core dumps on AIX 5.3

j.gross at ssc-services.de j.gross at ssc-services.de
Wed Jul 15 00:11:42 CEST 2009

We are running a passive Xymon client 4.2.0 with msgcache enabled on AIX
5.3. msgcache exits with an IOT/Abort trap when receiving messages. The
following patch to msgcache.c fixes this problem:

230c230
<                                       char idx[20];
---
>                                       char idx[40];
232c232
<                                               STRBUFLEN(mwalk->msgbuf),
(long)(now - mwalk->tstamp));
---
> (int)STRBUFLEN(mwalk->msgbuf), (long)(now - mwalk->tstamp));
529c529
<                       int caddrsize;
---
>                       socklen_t caddrsize;